How much are you earning per month with Adsense?

• $0 > $100

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $100 > $200

• $200 > $400

• $400 > $800

• $800 > $1000

• $1000 +

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=-1]Hi everyone. This is my first post on the forum.

[/SIZE]I am in the $150 to $200 per month category at present for Adsense.

See a previous post I made at web pro world for more details:-

WebProWorld :: View topic - Make More Money From Adsense

(Azoogle was useless for me).

Update - since that post was made - I have had 728 clicks on my calendars.com affiliate links now - and made $14 (This is probably all I will make this year as it is nearly Xmas)....

So it seems (unless anyone can tell me different) that there is very little at present that can touch Adsense for ease of setting up and cash return?

NB - I quadrupled my adsense income in the space of 4 months mainly by repositioning my adsense ads so they are smack bang in the middle of the content, and making them at least 300x250 where possible, and enabling 'multimedia' ads from the adsense control panel (before you think that I sound big headed - my income was *very small* to start with...:)

I have not put a huge amount of work into the web site as yet (if you dont factor in the taking of the photos which is a hobby I would be doing anyway). But it seems that if you give away stuff, then you get more visitors (funny enough). I used to use .htaccess to block hot linking to my images, but then I changed to a host that allowed 100GB bandwidth per month, and removed all restrictions (apart from displaying a different image if someone clicks on 'see full size image' from a google image search). I currently have approx 3GB per month of bandwidth used by people hotlinking to my images (hopefully this does not mushroom before bandwidth gets significantly cheaper....)

Years ago I was looking at my web server logs and I noticed a lot of referrals coming form myspace - at that time I did not even know what myspace was. When I looked into it - I reckoned it could play havoc with my bandwidth - so I put a message on the web site asking people if they were using my images for myspace if they wouldnt mind uploading the image to imageshack.us etc. (purely to reduce my bandwidth rather than as a marketing ploy), and quite soon was getting a lot more traffic mainly from the US from people looking for 'irish myspace backgrounds' or 'irish myspace layouts'. I got round to doing something about in the last month, and now have a 'irishmyspace' subdomain with easy to follow instructions for beginners (there are loads of myspace editors on the internet but very few that are easy to understand for beginners). Return on this subdomain has been good traffic wise but not quite as good cash wise as the rest of the site..

Visitors by country from my not quite properly configured webaliser (US by far the biggest - but quite a few foreign language visitors also - maybe worth doing separate pages for different languages??) :-

Network 30%
US 25%
UK 3%
Canada 2%
Germany 2%
Italy 1.5%
Poland 1.2%
Ireland 0.33%

-------------------

NB - If any of you want to link to any of my images for any reason - then feel free to do so (a link back to my site is appreciated but not required).

Info on linking is at Free Northern Ireland Photographs / Desktop Backgrounds - From JMCWD.com

Thanks.

Gavin

Hi Jordan and welcome, great second post or was that your first? ;)

Where you using Azoogle on your photo site? I find that referals from sites dont work too well but firing traffic from Pay Per Click ads work better.

Is your Adsense from that site only? I was thinking of doing an image site but wasnt sure if I want to go through the hassle of people stealing the images etc. Also, the way you have inserted your ads is quiet clever, they arent intruding but they also cant be missed by the eye.

I like the way you turned your site images around by adding the Myspace guide, I hope you give them the code that will insert a back link ;)

Do you have a Myspace account? If not you really should because one thing you could do is post an image under someones profile and have it linked back to your site, you can still serve it via photobucket so it wont take up bandwidth.

Also, why do you allow people to take your images without a link back? The reason why I ask is that you dont see many people do that and for such great images I dont see a point really - is it just to share your passion for photos? Well I will be using some soon and I will be providing you a link back whenever I do.

I love your Derry photos (my hometown) and the photos of Ards where I spent many days as a younger buck with a fishing rod.

Busarus

I had my single best day ever yesterday on adsense... second best day ever was tuesday - been steadily climbing for a few months now...

Redfly

I had my single best day ever yesterday on adsense... second best day ever was tuesday - been steadily climbing for a few months now...

Tuesday was my best day of all time too (Since starting with adsense). First time I hit over the $600 mark. Always drops the weekend though :(

Redfly

Yea, $600 days don't come round too often ;) Here's hoping for more.

CPM networks are, as usual for this time of year, through the roof.

Cormac. Thanks for the reply. Earnings are from all my sites but my image related stuff accounts for 99% of earnings.

I was using Azoogle on the image sites - I got hundreds of clicks and NO money. Also I was put off it by the fact that if you do not have an American IP address - you are fired over to a spammy looking site that was not related to the offer you were clicking on (and Googel safe browsing sometimes thought it a phishing site)...

I have never used adwords - I thought it was too easy a way to lose money as I was not actually selling anything...

I think the ads are in the right place now - they blend in incredibly well when you get a multimedia ad from the likes of screensavers.com poping up in there.

There is code for a backlink for anyone using my images in myspace - the only problem is that the majority of people use other myspace online editors to link to my images..

The idea behind letting people hot link was jsut to improve my page rank and get more visitors really. I reckon I have the spare bandwidth (I am using about 21GB/month out of 100GB allowance at present). Yahoo seems to pick up links from myspace sites even without a 'proper' html link back to my site e.g.:-

linkdomain:www.ni-photos.jmcwd.com site:www.myspace.com - Yahoo! Search Results

So although it will carry very little weight - I supppose very littel helps... (And myspace users see someone elses profile and soon find out where the background picture came from..)

I have a myspace account but need to put a lot more effort into it..

www.myspace.com/jordanmcclements

Where in Derry are you from? You still there? I go up there one day a week as part of my day job...

NB - I am in awe of anyone who can make $600 a day on adsense... (Go on, tell us the quick and easy too implement version of your secrets???) (My best day ever was $9 !)

Also - for me, earnings have gone down slightly in Dec, although traffic is up slightly (will have to try and get some xmas images sorted out before next year...)

Also - forgot to say - vast majority of traffic for me comes from google images..

Thanks...

Gavin

Using Adwords is a risk of losing money but that is something you have to prepare for to make it work.

I have a few sites located in the States so my IP is based over there but what I do is create a landing page on the site that isnt linked from any part of the site. Azoogle supplies the HTML code for the landing page and they are very impressive looking, once uploaded I fire PPC traffic at it. Now, Adwords uses a judging system on your landing page and if its crap they up the bid price so I tend to use other PPC programs such as adbrite.

How much traffic to get to your site on daily basis? Google images is amazing to bring in traffic, at one stage it was my highest referal and I had very few images on my pages....go figure.

I am actually from the Rosemount area of the city but living down in Dublin at the moment. I try and get up as often as I can.

By the way, I send you a friend request on Myspace....feel free to post photos on my profile and bounce visitors. If you look careful at my profile you can find a trace back to one of my sites ;)

OK - Thanks for the info and the invite....

According to adsense - I get about 1600 page views a day.

According to webalizer - I get about 2600 page views a day and about 1300 unique visitors.

Re Dublin - if I had looked at 'location' on the screen - I would have known that already! :-(

re Azoogle - I found that using a ie or uk IP address (as a visitor) caused problems, so it was only any good really for US visitors (OK if you aim your site at US people - but not really for me where more than 50% visitors were outside US....

Google images is great for traffic - I must get my finger out and upload an image to my web site for every concieveable search term....

I will have to have a wee look at adbrite...

Update -

I broke the $200 mark for the first time for January earnings.

Adsense stats now show approx 2500 page views per day.

Also dabbled a bit more with other affiliate stuff and Text Link Ads
- but I can still say that in my experience so far NOTHING comes close to adsense (for me anyway).

Also (and this is bizarre) - Google seems to have decided that jmcwd.com has a page rank of '5'! WTF?? It has practically no links to it and practically no content. I can only surmise that page rank has been transferred upwards from its subdomain which gets FAR more traffic and links back..? Still here is hoping it stays that way and Text Link Ads take the higher ranking into account and start giving me more money soon - if they dont then I think I'll knock TLA on the head as it is making very little money for me and I cant help but think it MAY in some way be damaging in the long term....

Busarus

after a slow start this month, its recovering but will be down on the previous six months... watching march with interest

I have knocked TLA on the head..... I have all my eggs in one basket now more or less..

Looks like I will break the $300 barrier for Adsense earnings in March...

Georgie - how do you make $3000 per month??

Status
Not open for further replies.