Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMenace

If it's a Saturday night, you could try The Harbourmaster in the IFSC. It's generally packed with office folk on a Friday but deserted on a Saturday.

RedCardinal

He guys is this Saturday "February 9th" the or "Friday the 8th" of February.

I vote the Saturday the 9th as do most I think as we keep saying "will this bar be quite on Saturday night" but I'm booking flights tonight or tomorrow so pick one and stick to it!

I also would say a hotel would be best or Jameson but I doubt they would be quite I'll pop an email off to them and find out.

The hotel I normally stay is the (Best Western) Academy just of O'Connell st. (beside the old Eircom building) it has just been done up and has a gorgeous bar which is normally quite too. I'll also pop an email them when I booking.

Any got any other hotel preferences?
Right - executive decision time:

We're doing this on Saturday February 9 unless that really doesn't suit the majority

I'm going to second Harbour Master - I've just sent them an email to ask whether they have a good space for a group of 20 or so. Haven't been inside for a few years, but i remember it as being a decent enough pub.

Let's share any responses we get from the proposed venues and decide on the final location by this Friday latest.

gav240z

Fine with me

Yeah the 9th is fine by me. As for venue I really don't mind all suggestions seem ok so far. As long as the pub isn't too far to the North (not that there's anything wrong with the north side ;)), but my only method of transport is by foot.

Guess I can always get a cab or the Luis if need be though.

RedCardinal

Harbour Master responded within 5 minutes of me mailing them last night (late shift?) and said they'd be happy to accommodate us 'Internet Professionals' as I called us :D

They even sent me the finger food menu.

If everyone is happy with Harbour Master on Saturday Feb 9 let's have a few responses. If we want to wait until other venues respond so be it.

But let's try to decide so that we can spread the word that the first SEO meet up is happening in less than 2 weeks. I for one am really looking forward to meeting friends past and present, virtual and real, and have a good feeling there'll be some business done out of this to boot :)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I won't be able to make it that weekend as I have to go down to Cork

Take photos etc :)

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
I should be up for it ... any recommendations on a place to stay around the area (if this is where we choose)

On a different note ( found out the pub in smithfield thanks to the harbour master website ... its the Thomas Read Smithfield ... was quite nice when I was there during the day new years eve so I'll assume this place is along similar lines)

louie

Put me down for it as well. I want to put some faces on the people I am talking to.
Pity Blacknight can not make it, but hey is his lost...

Cormac

I should be up for it ... any recommendations on a place to stay around the area (if this is where we choose)

Quality Hotel on Georges Quay (I think it's on Georges Quay) is a 5 minute walk to the Harbor Master
Holiday Inn is a 7 minute walk to the Harbor Master.

Those two would be decent affordable options.

davidbehan

France v Ireland at 5pm so I'm might be a bit tipsy when things kick off! Anyone fancy meeting early in Temple Bar for the game? :D

8pm would be good for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.