Status
Not open for further replies.

adrian5750

HI Both

I've been in the process of transferring 20 or so domains away from Reg365/Namesco - it's taken a few weeks..... and hasn't been without its problems.

Like you, I didn't see why I should have to pay to get the domains retagged - especially as the new hosting company (quite reasonably) wanted to be paid for extending the domain registrations as they took them on.

I put the point to Namesco that charging folks to move domains when they're only being moved so because of the lousy customer service and support Namesco have been providing was a really poor way of treating customers - and they waived the charges. Can't guarantee it'll work for you - but it's worth arguing the point.

Make sure that you make it absolutely clear as to what you want.
I thought I'd made it totally fool-proof - but they still managed to get confused and cock up a couple of the domains.

Also watch out that, once the tag and the nameserver setting have been sorted, you will want all trace of your domain removed from Namesco - otherwise you stand a good chance of all of your domain email ending up at your redundant mailbox @ Namesco, rather than at your new hosts.

Speaking stricty as a satisfied customer - Blacknight (my new hosting company) have been excellent throughout all of this - and their support - phone, email and livechat is accurate, fast and friendly - all the things that Namesco/Reg365 isn't any more...

Good luck with the transfers...

Adrian

weathercheck

I was in touch with names.co.uk and they charge 10 pounds fee to transfer.

I commented that you werent allowed charge to move .com / .net domain names and they said that they were.

But if i found any ruling in the ICANN website to email to them.

What should i do?

Regards

weathercheck

Hey folks i was told to find the piece where it says they are not allowed charge.

Found this in ICANN policies.

Registrars must provide the Registered Name Holder with the unique "AuthInfo" code within five (5) calendar days of the Registered Name Holder's initial request if the Registrar does not provide facilities for the Registered Name Holder to generate and manage their own unique "AuthInfo" code.
Registrars may not employ any mechanism for complying with a Registered Name Holder's request to obtain the applicable "AuthInfo Code" that is more restrictive than the mechanisms used for changing any aspect of the Registered Name Holder's contact or name server information.
The Registrar of Record must not refuse to release an "AuthInfo Code" to the Registered Name Holder solely because there is a dispute between the Registered Name Holder and the Registrar over payment.

weathercheck

Luckily they seem to have accepted this and i should get the EPP free of charge if all goes well.

Outrageous though, most people would just go ahead and pay the charge. Disgusting stuff really.

link8r

Register365 kindly knocked my Geansai gorm site off yesterday morning. I've been hosting with them since 2002 (when they were Hostinge365). I strongly advise people to look for anyone but them for hosting.

adrian5750

HI Folks

I guess the fact is that anybody can charge whatever they can get away with for a given product or service - and simply rely on people not questioning the charges.

Given that the likely reason for wanting your domain name retagged is that you've finally lost patience with the current registrar, it does seem a bit rich to put a 'penalty cost' on the transfer - sort of adding insult to injury.. especially if there's a fair few domains involved (about 20 in my case).

FWIW - it's truly delightful to find, with my new hosts (Blacknight) that there's an online live help which manages to sort out 80% of the problems more or less instantly - and email assistance is equally effective.

This is a massive contrast to the way that customer service at Namesco/Reg365 is since the sellout - turnround time on custome service tickets is still measured in days rather than hours, and often requres additional discussion to actually get somewhere near an answer - which means that everything takes 'forever'.
Namesco also seem to take every opportunity to blame the old Reg365 for their current problems - which is a very poor way to operate.....

I have no connection with either company - only as a satisfied customer of one and an gratefully-soon-to-be-ex-customer of the other...

Adrian

Jabberwocky

If they are, which I doubt,
They are indeed, I'm sad to say. I just found this out myself. If I want to transfer domains away from them its going to cost me thousands of euros, a shiny new development. I'm setting my solicitor on the sh*theads, and that'll be a f**king end to it. Costs and damages here we come.

then ICANN would be very interested to hear about it
How do we contact the relevant authorities in ICANN?

adrian5750

They are indeed, I'm sad to say. I just found this out myself. If I want to transfer domains away from them its going to cost me thousands of euros, a shiny new development. I'm setting my solicitor on the sh*theads, and that'll be a f**king end to it. Costs and damages here we come.

They must have had a change of heart then - after I explained 'why' I wanted out they completed the retagging without charging me.

Don't suppose it's because they were only going to charge me a hundred euro or so - whereas in your case they seem to hea heading for 'thousands'....? - no - that's far too cynical of me <g>

Crazy way to run run your Customer Relations - penalise unhappy customers who want to leave your service - wonder which book they got that one from ?

When you do get to do the retagging you'll need to watch very carefully to make sure that everything you've asked for has got done properly.....

Regards
Adrian

neweb

This forum is great for venting steam Michele, but how many people do you think will use this form!!

We are great at complaining to each other but Jesus don't tell the companies what we said.

By the way Michele, I haven't changed my mind on switching to Blacknight. Just weighing up the pro's and con's of such a move.

Jabberwocky

Thanks.

This forum is great for venting steam Michele, but how many people do you think will use this form!!
At least one.

We are great at complaining to each other but Jesus don't tell the companies what we said.
Do you think they aren't watching? IWMF has the unique distinction of being the only forum I have ever seen that allows company shills to post. Besides why should you care if they are watching or not - if they are smart they'll use the valuable feedback gathered here. They rarely are however.

Register365

Hi all,

We understand that during the acquisition of Regsiter365 and subsequent transition period some concerns and queries presented themselves. We can assure you that the upmost importance and attention is placed on any feedback we receive from our customers and that we are working very hard behind the scenes to ensure that you have access to the best products and services.

We have a very enviable reputation in the UK and in acquiring Register365 we are able to extend this to you, giving 100% focus and attention to domain registration and shared hosting services, as well as providing improved support, significantly broader resources and some very exciting new products!!

In light of this, our own forum is now live at forum.register365.com, where we will be happy to respond to your questions

Byron

Hi all,

We understand that during the acquisition of Regsiter365 and subsequent transition period some concerns and queries presented themselves. We can assure you that the upmost importance and attention is placed on any feedback we receive from our customers and that we are working very hard behind the scenes to ensure that you have access to the best products and services.

We have a very enviable reputation in the UK and in acquiring Register365 we are able to extend this to you, giving 100% focus and attention to domain registration and shared hosting services, as well as providing improved support, significantly broader resources and some very exciting new products!!

In light of this, our own forum is now live at forum.register365.com, where we will be happy to respond to your questions

Not a 365 user, but surely, like my hosting company, employing PR "guru's" to post replies would is less effective at improving customer confidence, than actually solving the problem face to face (or phone to phone), with their leading, best informed clients. I know if a telephone company cut off UCD tomorrow, they would answer a phone to their President about the problem. It seems like a very shoddy operation, of a company I was considering switching to only a few months ago, but was reluctant due to the excellent service of my hosting provider when one of MY clients accounts almost crashed a server.

Perhaps a proper marketing plan should have been implemented before the reputation was tarnished on a highly publicised industry forum.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

With all due respect you have totally ignored a lot of the issues that people have raised on here, choosing instead to post what looks like a press release not once, not twice, but four times.

Byron

I agree with Blacknight, if one of my competitors (oh look there everywhere on this forum), turned around and pointed out my failures, I would have myself as "CEO" on the forum explaining to my clients whats wrong, how it will be fixed and how you will add on an extra service, etc. Not pushing press releases which include:
some very exciting new products!!
Marketing cliche or what? - I would hope 24/7 servers would be included in this?

webmast08

I agree. I have clients ringing me saying they are having problems with mail server today, I have experienced some issues myself earlier today..I cant give them a response back. I just rang Register365.com to be told I was in queue position #8 !! FFS..not wasting an hour on the phone to be fobbed off again. I tried registering for their forum but never received an email to validate my email address, either due to their mail servers being f@cked again, or the forum not working. have lost all faith in the company at this stage..

link8r

Dear R365,

As a long term client (7/8 years), your treatment of our company with 350 accounts on your server is worse than any other supplier I have met or heard of on the face of the planet. We are in the process of moving to Blacknight and Digiweb and I urge all your current clients to do so too. Your service, SLA and solutions are total crap and I envy all of the people in the UK who are lucky NOT to host with you.

With the greatest respect possible, please go F**K yourselves, you are a useless shower.

Apologies to BK for using this foul language but given the circumstances I hope I'm excused. At least this post will get published here, we all know how posts go "missing" on R365, it's kind of like your backup service/customer service charter. Honestly, you are the worst hosting company in the solar system. You should give yourselves a pat on the back for that...

Byron

By the way, I offer a crash course in PR.

I hope everything is resolved efficiently and effectively for everyone. I never understood the value of this forum, until I actually got posting on it. It's a wee trade union of sorts!

Status
Not open for further replies.