Status
Not open for further replies.

neddser

introduction

Hi All,

Brief intro - my name is Eddie (neddser) and currently work for IT solutions provider, web designer by trade, prefer front end design to back end programming but if I have to get my hands dirty I will.

Hope to get ideas inspiration and people to bounce thoughts off (in the nicest sense!)

Thats about it short and sweet I'm afraid.

Eddie

MOH

Hi folks,

Been programming for years, thinking about a few ideas for websites for a year or so but out of a desire to learn how to do it 'properly' have spent too much time scrapping things and starting again so never actually got around to getting anything up, especialy given a lack of free time.

Thrown in at the deep end after an acquaintance recently asked me to do up a basic web site for them, while I coincidentally got the use of a dedicated server for a year around the same time, so no more excuses: I'm sure I'll be looking for tips/criticism/explanations why nothing I do is remotely correct soon.

loshen

Reading a book about starting a business

Hi, My name is Loshen , you can find out about me on linkedin if you feel the desire :)

I want to know in your opinion what are the essential skills you require to start a web design company.

i.e. Sales skills, php scripting, SEO, CMS ...

Financial bits aside.

I'm talking softskills and techskills.

If any good soul out there has help comments please respond.

Cheers

mickelodian

SEO, SEM, Webmaster, Developer

Hi, I'm mickelodian, some of you might know me from the enterprise Ireland forums. Where I'm simply mick wright and I don't have a pseudonym.

I'm now planning my own SEO blog, Video tutorials and search marketing information site at mickelodian.ie and mickelodian.com (nowhere near ready yet, only registered the domain last week! lol.)

So, hi all...

Byron

Hi Mick,

Great to see you've signed up, you'll find our opinions to your liking here... we have nearly driven the two biggest beasts of burden in the ISP industry out the door :p

(You'll see what I mean after a while)

Frank V

complete beginner....

Hi there - i'm totally new to the blog game and already find the options mindblowing ! i'm trying to put all the bits together. Can somebody give me a quick run thru ( assuming i know 0 % ). Stuff like how whats the best way to learn wordpress ( go to their website or but a book ). Checked Amazon and wasn't sure which books are any good...as they get a mixture of ratings.

Obviously I'm keen to walk before I run, something simple to get me started is all i'm looking for.

Oh and by the way, the blog is for a swim team ( if anyone has set one up with a similar theme and content please help !!! )

Thanks a million....:)

raphaele

Hello as well

Hi all,

It is more than time to introduce myself, as I have been a member for several months. I found out when trying to set up the same account with same details today :eek: Anyway, I'm glad to be part of the community. I have a few years experience in the industry and just starting my own business.

By the way, does anyone know why it reads "Frontpage user" next to my username? I have never touched this in my all life ;)

MOH

I presume it's like a postrank thing, your first few posts you're a 'Frontpage user' (i.e. new here), then you get 'promoted' from that.

Buxi

Hi,
I am new here :)
I am a girl living in Dublin but i am from Portugal. I have some blogs that I put Adsense on it for about 4 years, but I want to go deeper and know more about SEO. I read some books about it and I am starting a the Diploma in Internet Marketing in DBS, anyone attending too?
Cheers!

CelticJim

Greetings to all

Jim here from up North for now.Got my sights set on moving to Donegal next year though,my house is on the market right now and I have some commitments until april then I want to go west.Love the ocean,love Donegal.Love the internet

networking networking.Looking forward to visiting many of your websites :D

AndreyW

Hi,
My name is Andrey, i am from Bulgaria. I'm currently studying in International University College and work as a webdesigner, webdeveloper... Happy to join your forum

wlb1

Hello everyone!
Also new here!

I am a studying IT level 7 in Auckland. finishing this Jan. Nice to be a part of this forum.

T:)hanks

shadow

Hi all,
I'm from Cork but based in Florida. Lived in Ireland for my first 17 years and then for about 6 years on and off over the past 14 years.

Plan on returning for good in late 2010 or early 2011.

Ive been a web designer / coder for the past 11 years. I got my start in NY just before the dot com bubble burst (yes I was one of those who was paid an insane amount to code badly formed HTML Those were fun days )

I earn my living off CSS (99% of my time these days), but dabble in RoR, PHP and a little Codeigniter, Zend, Cake when I get a little free time. Ive held pretty much every job in the field at one point or another (Coder, Designer, Developer, Strategist, PM etc. etc.)

Im here to help and to get better insight into the professional culture in Ireland these days because its been so long since I worked there.

Andrew

Hellooo people,

Have been floating around here for a while and have decided to join tonight. Should have done it sooner too!
Am no expert coder, so don’t expect any amazing coding tips:eek:… sorry about that:rolleyes:!?! I love the stuff that works straight out of the box, although I have been known to change the oil and filters.
Hope in my own way I can contribute something and plan to pick everyone’s brain.
That’s me.
Andrew

PS....
Oh, and nearly forgot… am local!

PhilM

Hello!

Just to introduce myself I work for an enerprise software company, Aspera, based in Dublin and I am responsible for all of the companies Digital Marketing and web development.

Nice to meet you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.